[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-t: multiple cards per box?

Tim Hewett wrote:

> Stef,
>
> I have two SkyStar 2 PCI cards, a Freecom DVB-T USB2 stick and a
> Hauppauge DEC2000-t USB1.2 DVB-T receiver. All work happily
> at the same time even with the first three recording an entire
> transponder/multiplex each though the hard drive can struggle to
> keep up, the Hauppuage can only record one VPID and APID at
> one time unfortunately. I think 4 devices is the limit of the driver.
>
> This is all on a 550MHz Pentium PIII, even in the worst case there
> is still plenty of CPU to spare.
>
> I also use dvbstream, you cannot capture different PIDs to different
> files

surely you can: dvbstream -f .... -o:file1.ts 600 601 -o:file.ts 610 611

> I did start working on a utility to fan out/duplicate a DVB stream
> containing multiple VPIDs and APIDs to multiple pipes, each being
> read by a ts2ps process filtering for particular PIDs. This would
> achieve what you are (and I was) looking for, but I never got round
> to finishing it

dvbstream -f .... -o:file1.ts 600 601 -o:file.ts 600 611 ...

notice that pid 600 is duplicated to both files.
Naturally, all of the above are possible using dvbstream from cvs

> - program clashes are rare and if they do happen
> then it is easier to use two dvbstreams with one using one device
> for one broadcast and another for the other. It would be more
> elegant to integrate the ts2ps functionality into dvbstream (to avoid
> using lots of pipes and duplication of a high bandwidth DVB stream)
> and it probably wouldn't be that hard either if you can find and
> factor out the core functionality in ts2ps. Then you could do:
>
> dvbstream .... 600 601 -f BBC1.mpg 610 611 -f BBC2.mpg ....
>
> HTH,
>
> Tim.

never do it! keep the original TS streams instead, or reception errors
will kill
your recordings

 Sponsor:

 Email.it Phone Card: chiami in tutto il mondo a tariffe imbattibili da tutti i telefoni fissi e cellulari! Clicca e scopri come

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2686&d=3-1