[linux-dvb] Twinhan 1025 problem - frontend driver not found

I've been searching for a solution to this but have been unsuccessful so far.  I
want to try building the dvb-bt8xx driver by itself, but the Makefile seems to
be part of the kernel tree.  So how can I build just the drivers (dvb-bt8xx,
dst, & dst_ca) by themselves?

Also, the card is not alone, I've also got an Avermedia TV tuner card which uses
the bttv driver and works just fine.  Could there be a conflict?  I really doubt
it, but if you know better please say so.

FWIW, when I modprobe the driver, I get this in dmesg:

DVB: registering new adapter (bttv0).
dst_probe: unknown device.
frontend_init: Could not find a Twinhan DST.
dvb-bt8xx: A frontend driver was not found for device 109e/0878
subsystem 1822/0001

And I only get these devices:

[root@sat adapter0]# ls -alh
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root    100 Feb  3 05:49 .
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root     60 Feb  3 05:49 ..
crw-rw----  1 root root 212, 4 Feb  3 05:49 demux0
crw-rw----  1 root root 212, 5 Feb  3 05:49 dvr0
crw-rw----  1 root root 212, 7 Feb  3 05:49 net0
[root@sat adapter0]# pwd
/dev/dvb/adapter0
[root@sat adapter0]# lspci -v
--snip--
01:08.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture (rev 11)
        Subsystem: Twinhan Technology Co. Ltd VisionPlus DVB card
        Memory at dc000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [44] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2

01:08.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio
Capture (rev 11)
        Subsystem: Twinhan Technology Co. Ltd VisionPlus DVB Card
        Memory at dc001000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [44] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2

01:0a.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture (rev 11)
        Subsystem: Avermedia Technologies Inc AVerTV WDM Video Capture
        Memory at dc002000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [44] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2

01:0a.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio
Capture (rev 11)
        Subsystem: Avermedia Technologies Inc AVerTV WDM Audio Capture
        Memory at dc003000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]