[linux-dvb] patch collection for Kernel 2.6.16-rc1

Uwe Bugla wrote:
> Hi!
> After waiting 2 months for fixes to cancel the breakdown for Pinnacle
> PCTVSAT
> and compatibles in Kernel 2.6.15,
> after waiting another 3 weeks for nothing I decided to do the following:
>
> 1. First of all a thousand thanks to Edgar Toernig (froese@xxxxxx)
> who supplied a patch collection for kernel 2.6.15, published on January 8,
> 2006.
> 2. I took this material and overworked it to be applied against Kernel
> 2.6.16-rc1.
> This package is perfect, there are no CR trailers and no fuzz comments.
> It applies calmly as it should!

Nothing is perfect. We don't want a 'patch collection' but simple
patches which fix specific problems. The changes in dvb_frontend.c have
nothing to do with the rest. I cannot comment on the rest of the patch.

> I want to announce that I sent it directly to AKPM, as I?m tired of waiting
> for such a long time (almost 3 months now!!!).
>
> I also want to announce that there is some stupid nerd among us sending in
> destructive material to continue the breakdown for Pinnsat, Twinhan and
> others.

Obviously, you are the only one who is impolite and destructive.

> I noticed this stuff bringing down Pinnsat and compatibles in patch
> 2.6.16-rc1-mm4. Now why did I notice that: Because I tried to overwork
> Edgar?s material for 2.6.16-rc1-mm4. It is only one line in the
> dvb-bt8xx-module, but this one line fucks up the whole thing: PCTVSAT does
> not work.
>
> Now why I am so angry?
> 1. Because people like Johannes do not do the job they are being paid for at
> the right time. I am not ready to wait half a year!
> 2. Because I will not and cannot understand what is going on in a brain that
> is sending in patch material breaking down a fully functionable house.

Go and see your doctor.

Most people here (me too) are doing this in their spare time. They do
not receive money for their work. And they don't want to get pissed by
people like you.

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/