[linux-dvb] Anybody work with DVB-H?

Hi William,

[DVB-H]
I've more or less running DVB-H receiver here working with linux.

At some places are already test transmissions running, at
http://www.dvb-h-online.org/services.htm a list could be found.

Some configuration hints could also be found at
http://www.like.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de/propro/dvb-h/index.html , but i've
only found this german version of the website.

For DVB-H you have two points, where DVB-T is extended. One is the
hardware-side, where the 4k-Mode and some TPS-flags are added. And
furthermore at the software-side are some things changed. (Video is packed in
H.264, H264 is packed in RTP, RTP is packed in UDP/IP-Multicast-Packets, the
IP-Packets are packed in the MPEG-TS...).
But the "hardware-side"-changes and "software-side"-changes are independend,
so many DVB-H test-transmissions use only the software-side-changes and the
MPEG-TS could be received with a classical DVB-T receiver.

Ok, whats working:
- I could decode the IP-Packets with dvbnet
- If i have the right .sdp-Files, i could see the Video/Audio with VLC
- With flute i could receive files, if there are one in the stream.

Whats still missing:
- The MPE-FEC error-correction information is ignored. If this would work, a
advantage of about 6-10dB could be reached at the SNR.
- With flute i got some files for the ESG, but a software for decoding them is
missed.
- There are some different ways, how the video/audio-data is packed into the
udp-packets. Some transmissions use one udp-port for all, some a own for audio
and video. So in some cases VLC could understand them, sometimes not.
- With a MPEG2-Video in the TS VLC is starting directly and all is working
quite automatically. In the Case of DVB-H is a lot handwork in the
configuration is needed. (You have to sniff the right PIDs, ip-adresses, add
the dvb-net-interfaces etc...)

If someone wants to play with real data, have a look at:
http://www.dvb-h-online.org/Services/services-3GSM.htm
There you can download DVB-H Transportstreams with SDP-Files and other
informations. I could play them here and decode them with all the video and
audio streams. But for playing i use a real DVB-T/H-generator with TS-Player.
I don't know, how you could use them only direct in the without hardware.

I hope i could give you some infos,

cu Thomas