[linux-dvb] Using DVB Remote in Gnome

I have a Hauppauge Nova-T 9002 in a machine running Ubuntu Dapper Linux
and want to map remote key presses to Gnome Keyboard Shortcuts. Eg i
would like map the "Music" key to "Launch Music Player". Trouble is that
many of the keys on the remote don't seem to be recognised by Gnome / X.

I have a very incomplete understanding of how Linux handles input
devices, but I have managed to do some tests with evtest and xev
  * evtest correctly recognises all keys
  * xev doesn't give output for the following keys: Go, TV, Videos,
Music, Pictures, Guide, Radio, Prev.Ch, *, #, Red, Green, Yellow, Blue.

Then I notice that the buttons that don't work, are all the high keycodes...

richard@victor:~$ sudo evtest /dev/input/rcu
Input driver version is 1.0.0
Input device ID: bus 0x1 vendor 0x70 product 0x9002 version 0x1
Input device name: "cx88 IR (Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T"
Supported events:
   Event type 0 (Reset)
     Event code 0 (Reset)
     Event code 1 (Key)
     Event code 20 (Repeat)
   Event type 1 (Key)
     Event code 28 (Enter)
     Event code 71 (KP7)
     Event code 72 (KP8)
     Event code 73 (KP9)
     Event code 75 (KP4)
     Event code 76 (KP5)
     Event code 77 (KP6)
     Event code 79 (KP1)
     Event code 80 (KP2)
     Event code 81 (KP3)
     Event code 82 (KP0)
     Event code 103 (Up)
     Event code 105 (Left)
     Event code 106 (Right)
     Event code 108 (Down)
     Event code 113 (Mute)
     Event code 114 (VolumeDown)
     Event code 115 (VolumeUp)
     Event code 116 (Power)
     Event code 119 (Pause)
     Event code 128 (Stop)
     Event code 139 (Menu)
     Event code 142 (Sleep)
     Event code 163 (NextSong)
     Event code 165 (PreviousSong)
     Event code 167 (Record)
     Event code 168 (Rewind)
     Event code 174 (Exit)
     Event code 207 (?)
     Event code 208 (?)
------------------------------ Key below don't work
     Event code 353 (Select)
     Event code 363 (Channel)
     Event code 365 (EPG)
     Event code 367 (MHP)
     Event code 370 (Subtitle)
     Event code 372 (Zoom)
     Event code 377 (TV)
     Event code 385 (Radio)
     Event code 388 (Text)
     Event code 392 (Audio)
     Event code 393 (Video)
     Event code 398 (Red)
     Event code 399 (Green)
     Event code 400 (Yellow)
     Event code 401 (Blue)
     Event code 402 (ChannelUp)
     Event code 403 (ChannelDown)
     Event code 412 (Previous)
   Event type 20 (Repeat)
Testing ... (interrupt to exit)

...does anyone have any experience of this, and perhaps know how to make
X / Gnome recognise those high keycodes?

Thanks

-RichardW.