[linux-dvb] Are saa7134 based cards supported?

Q wrote:

> Hi, can anyone tell me if saa7134 cards are supported in Linux DVB?
>
> I am running the latest kernel 2.6.14 - but for some reason I don't
> seem to have any DVB modules registered for my card.
>
> Here is my lsmod output.

lsmod output doesnt tell us anything... It's dmesg that we would
normally want to see...

Regardless, Yes, saa7134 cards ARE supported by the linux kernel for use
with both analog and digital television.

This doesn't necessarily mean that your card is supported... But it
certainly can be, and might be already.

If your card is supported, then do:

modprobe saa7134-dvb

This module doesnt load automatically.

Most likely, this will do it for you.  If it doesnt, then you'll have to
let us know which card it is that you have.  It is possible that it
might be a new board that we could have only recently added support
for.  In this case, you'll have to install the newer modules from cvs:

http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_CVS

Cheers,

Michael

P.S.:  After typing this email, I realize that I've probably typed out
answered this question for you quicker than I could have typed it.
Please, use these resources -- they're free!