[linux-dvb] Twinhan 1020a & diseqc switches

Hello Mark,

Mark Buechler wrote:

> I'm sure this is a very common question and when I do searches I see
> many questions regarding this but I'm hoping someone can share their
> knowledge on this topic. I just gave up on my new 102G and bought a
> 1020a. It tunes just about everytime now. However, when it comes to my
> diseqc switch I'm seeing screwing things.

You shouldn't 've given up on the 102 G yet, but anyway...

> I have both a rotor and a 4port switch. If I move the dish and stay on
> switch port 0, all is well. If I attempt to switch to port 1 I'm only
> able to after the dish has moved. It seems no combination of things I
> try makes a difference. I've tried sending the rotor commands first,
> then doing a short/long wait, then the switch command - no go. I've
> tried the other way around - still no go. I've tried up to 5 "repeat"
> commands with no difference. I've tried another diseqc switch which
> broke it entirely.
>
> I have a couple DVB tuners which have no issue with either the rotor
> nor either switch. I also have a nexus-s which has no issue with any
> of the above.
>
> This is the second Twinhan card I've bought which I've not been able
> to get working. Can someone tell me if this is common to these cards?
> Am I wasting my time trying to get this working?

I had some fixes in for this, but since nobody was interested, i never
bothered about the patch .. you can see for a post having some pritk
cleanups and a diseqc_3_4_5 patch. try it, let me know how it goes...

Manu