[linux-dvb] Low symbol rates on FF DVB cards

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2005, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Since it apparently looks as if the FF rev. 1.3 cards have serious
> > trouble receiving transponders with low symbol rates, would it make sense
> > to change the symbol_rate_min value to 10000000 (10 M/s) for these
> > particular cards? Then VDR could actually use the values returned from
> > the driver to decide whether a DVB card can receive a given channel.
>
> I'd be very reluctant to do this, as there's a chance that it
> actually works for someone else, and this change would break it.

Well, it works with the BSRV2 if (and only if)
- there is a stable signal and
- the symbol rate has been set precisely.

I can receive the BBC transponder on 13?E with STR 51% (0x8282) and
SNR 86% (0xdcdc). Symbol rate has to be adjusted to 5632.

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/