[linux-dvb] License of firmware files?

Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the license of the firmware files at
> http://www.linuxtv.org/download/firmware/? Are they freely
> distributable so SUSE could ship them on the retail version of SUSE
> Linux?

AFAIK dvb-ttpci-01.fw is maintained actively by Werner Fink, so I guess
that is freely distributable.

I'm not sure of the licenses of the other files. Probably some DVB
developer has more info on this.

Please note that in addition to the
http://www.linuxtv.org/download/firmware/ there are additional firmware
files in http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dvb-kernel/firmware/

That's not all, some fw files are only downloadable with this script:
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dvb-kernel/linux/Documentation/dvb/get_dvb_firmware?view=auto

--
Anssi Hannula