[linux-dvb] Nova-T USB2 with vdr...no DVB stream!

Hi,

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Laurence Abbott wrote:
> With an older version of 'scan', I had to extend the filter timeout or
> it would only return the channels on the last-tuned multiplex: I think
> this just worked when I tried it with a CVS version of 'scan'.

Are you using the box on a USB1.1 port? When running on a USB1.1 port the
pid filter is activate, ie. eg. when scanning it can take a while until a
buffer is filled to be returned to the host-PC.

> I'm suspicious that this is the problem that I have with vdr: it doesn't
> wait for long enough to tune. vdr finds it as a DVB device and tries to
> use it but I never get a video stream from it from vdr! I also have a
> PCI Nova-T in the same system and that works fine, so I know that the
> vdr setup works (at least with that card!).

I use the box for almost one year now daily with VDR but on a USB2.0 port.

> Is anyone using one of these USB2 devices successfully with vdr? Or have
> they changed something in the latest revision of the device which breaks
> something? I have tried drivers from 2.6.12.5 and 2.6.14 kernels but
> they both give the same result.
>
> I have yet to try CVS drivers because I have to hack the drivers to get
> the remote on my PCI Nova-T to work properly, unless that has changed
> recently! Has anyone got the remote on the USB2 device to work? A quick
> test with evtest gave me a keymapping but nothing appeared when I
> pressed buttons (apart from the LED flashing!).

I'm also using the remote daily. It is a bit clumsy, but it works.

> This must be so close to working...do I need to hack vdr to extend a
> timeout for this to work?

I don't think so. Is it also a problem when you want to watch a channel
which from a channels.conf which was created by the PCI card? If so, could
you run femon while VDR is working with the Box and see if the card has a
lock.

best regards,
Patrick.

--