[linux-dvb] AV in/out.

Hi,

Q wrote:
> Is AV in/out supported on any current the current Linux DVB TV cards?
>
> If so which ones?
>
> If not it does seem like a fairly major feature is missing. It would be
> very cool to use AVin with my digital video camera - and also other
> video sources.

Yes, all SAA713x based DVB cards have at least basic AV-in support if
there is an appropriate connector. But i.e. for the Compro T200, this
never has been verified. But if it doesn't work, just an entry in the
configuration data structure needs to be corrected - not a big thing.
Regarding AV-out: I don't know about any DVB card with video output
besides the old full featured cards. There is a card with MPEG decoder
and AV out from Haupauge. This is supported by the ivtv project. But
as far as i know, it doesn't support DVB.

Best regards
    Hartmut