[linux-dvb] Re: [Patch] Adding support for the Hauppage HVR1100

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005, Steve Toth wrote:

> >The current lack of peer review for DVB stuff is bad.
> >
> Testing.....
>
> I was disappointed recently when I installed various board and found the
> support was bad, didn't work, operated badly, a whole mish-mash of
> problems. I've been talking with Michael about this.
>
> I make the decision that once every 4-5 weeks I would spend a day with
> the latest build and retest all of the products. It's too much work to
> make happen more frequently. (Especially when I do all of this in my
> spare time).
>
> If more people (Err... Companies) did that with their hardware, the
> community would be in much better shape.

This wasn't meant against you. your patch is on the list, so
we can discuss and improve and finally apply it, which is
the usual procedure for Linux development.

I just want you to understand that this isn't going against
you personally, or against Hauppauge. It's just the
normal way of Linux development, and all other patches should
get the same treatment. The goal is to get better patches.

Your work is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Johannes