[linux-dvb] DViCO Fusion HDTV 5 Lite status?

mrwester wrote:

> On 11/28/05, *Michael Krufky* <mkrufky@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:mkrufky@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     mrwester wrote:
>
>     > Hi-
>     >
>     > I've searched and am not 100% clear on the status of FusionHDTV
>     5 Lite
>     > card.  If someone knows of a howto for these cards, please feel free
>     > to point me in the right direction.  A general howto for these
>     cards
>     > might go a long way for me, but unfortunately I've not found
>     one.   My
>     > understanding is that it is supported in 2.6.14 kernels?  I've
>     got the
>     > 2.6.14 kernel from  FC4, and it appears to have support compiled
>     in.
>     > I'm trying to add the card to a mythtv setup that has a pvr-350 and
>     > pvr-500 capturing well and dvi output via nvidia 5200.
>

>     In 2.6.14, there is only analog support for FusionHDTV5
>     Lite.  Support
>     for digital ATSC (QAM/VSB) has been added in 2.6.15.  2.6.15 is
>     still in
>     development, and there are some pretty nast bugs in it, although most
>     are fixed in 2.6.15-rc3 (released tonight).
>
>     The best route is to just install the new modules from cvs.
>
>     howto-wiki:
>     http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_CVS
>
>     I usually just point people to the wiki, but because of the recent
>     merge
>     of the v4l + dvb cvs trees, I've included the detailed instructions
>     above for your convenience.
>
>     Here are the instructions:
>
>     1) Check-out the newly merged v4l-dvb cvs repository:
>
>       cvs -d : pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     <mailto:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> :/cvs/video4linux login
>       cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/video4linux co
>     v4l-dvb
>
>     2) Change into the v4l-dvb directory:
>
>       cd v4l-dvb
>
>     3) (optional) If you are recompiling the cvs modules against a
>     different
>     kernel, clean the tree and kernel version info:
>
>       make distclean
>
>     4) Compile the modules:
>
>       make
>
>     5) Install them: (as root)
>
>       make install
>
>     6) Remove the previous modules from memory:
>
>        modprobe -r bt878 && modprobe -r bttv
>
>     (you might want to use "rmmod" instead of "modprobe -r" -- your
>     choice)
>
>     7) Load up the new modules:
>
>        modprobe dvb-bt8xx
>
>     For me, this loads up everything that I need... If it doesnt work for
>     you, you might have to load them in order.....
>
>        modprobe bttv && modprobe bt878 && modprobe dvb-bt8xx
>
>     ... or you can just reboot your machine, but you must remember to
>     load
>     up the dvb-bt8xx manual at boot-up, since this module will not load
> [...]

I suggest that you use the scan program included in dvb-apps cvs.

There is a modified version of it, called "atscscan" and there are some
frequency listings in the atsc/ directory.

You can check the list archives for detailed instructions on how to use
it, but if necessary, let me know and I'll give specifics.

P.S.: Thank you for forwarding my cvs instructions to the mythtv-users
list... This applies to ALL v4l / dvb cards now... Soon enough, ivtv
will be included in the build as well.

Hope this helps,

Michael Krufky