[linux-dvb] a800 driver with avertv usb2.0 plus

onsdagen den 23 november 2005 14.32 skrev De Leeuw Guy:
> Patrick Boettcher a ?crit :
> > Aha: Your device is not a dvb device, but an a box for analog-tv
> > reception. This is not supported by the a800-driver. In fact I don't
> > know anything about that box, maybe the guys at video4linux (who are
> > working on some analog USB boxes) can help you further.
> >
> > regards,
> > Patrick.
>
> Oki !! I'm confused the only link that I follow is the linux kernel and
> I sound that the driver is a800 for AverTV USB2.0
> And this is the name of my box.
>
> Thanks Patrick, I direct go to the v4l site :)

Hi Guy!
Your AverTV USB2.0 is a DVB-T tuner, I have one and use it with the
a800-driver. It works perfect.
When I checked it I used the command 'dvbscan <file with channel frequencies>'
and redirected it to .tzap/channel.conf (in the mythtv home-directory). Then
I used tzap <name of one of the channels in channel.conf>. And voil?! I could
see if I could tune in that channel.
The format of the file with channel frequencies you can see
in /usr/local/share/dvb/dvb-t/, where you find a lot of different files to
cities in Europe. Your network company have the frequencies, I found mine on
their homepage.
Good luck!
G?ran, Sweden