[linux-dvb] How to correctly use recent dvb-kernel and v4l with SuSE 10?

Hello everyone,

I have a machine with the Hauppauge Nova-S-Plus and SuSE Linux 10.0.
Now I wonder what I need to get it all working.

What I have:
- the hardware (guess what...)
- SuSE Linux 10.0, with kernel 2.6.13-15 and sources
- the recent CVS version of dvb-kernel
- the recent CVS version of v4l-kernel (I'm not subscribed to that
mailinglist, so hopefully someone here can point me to the right
information)

What I did:
- used "make" and "make all" on the dvb-kernel. It compiles its modules,
and I can manually load the cx24123 module. So far, so good.
- tried a "make menuconfig" on the kernel. The CX24123 appears under the
DVB frontends as it should. Fine.

This said and done, my system still doesn't recognize the card correctly,
what seems quite logical to me - I think the most recent v4l is also
needed, or at least some kind of adaptation on SuSE's original version...

What I couldn't figure out till now:
- what to do about the video4linux to make it correctly recognize the
Nova-S-Plus. I just can't find information what to "make" in which
sequence, nor how to integrate dvb-kernel, v4l and the rest of the kernel
sources. I even doubt it works straight-away with SuSE Linux, since there
is no /usr/src/v4l or /usr/src/linux/v4l path.
Additionally, when trying to compile, I got errors on saa7134_vv. It says
something like it couldn't determine the kernel version. Sorry, don't have
the exact readout at hand.
I'm a bit at a loss...

Thanks for help.

Ansgar