[linux-dvb] How to convert DVB video to DVD?

raid517 wrote:

> Hi what is the Mencoder command for encoding the .ts format DVB output
> files produced by Kaffiene to a DVD compatable format? I would very
> much like the highest possible quality and compatability with the
> widest range of standalone DVD players.
>
> Can anyone suggest anything?
>
> Also what is the Mencoder command for coverting video of this type to
> a format that is compatable with the new Apple Ipod?
>
> Again any suggestions would be welcomed.
>
> Best regards,
>
> GJ

$ mencoder -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -oac copy -ovc copy -o file.mpg
file.ts

will only remux to dvd, no re-encoding will be done. If you want to
re-encode use
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:....

A good reading of mencoder's docs will explain how to make a dvd
compliant stream.