[linux-dvb] Which currently manufactured DVB-T cards does Linux support?

Hi, Barry

Barry Scott wrote:
> As you will have seen from my posts over the last few days I'm looking
> at a number of DVB-T cards. My goal is to find a card that is in
> production that has linux drivers and works well.
>
> The AverTV 777 and Hybrid will need work to get them going.
>
> The LifeView DVB-T DUO is support on linux but it fails to lock to all
> but 1 of the 7 TV transponders. The one it locks to gives very poor
> reception. (Windows drivers also only find 1 of the 7 transponders,
> however the picture quality of the transponder it find is reasonable).
>
> I have AverMedia 771 and KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T cards working
> under Linux that both lock on all 7 transponders and give excellent
> picture quality, so I know that the arial is good. But these cards have
> been discontinued.
>
> Which cards should I consider for use in the U.K.?

If you are looking for a hybrid card, the Compro VideoMate 300 DVB-T
might be a good choice. Especially if you want it to lock on poor
signal quality.
If you look for DVB-T only, the 200(a) might be worth looking at.
The a-version is not supported yet, but there is a verified hack that
makes it working. So - not a big deal as soon as there is time.

Best regards
    Hartmut