[linux-dvb] ivtv in HVRs (was: Which currently manufactured DVB-T cards does Linuxsupport?)

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 03:17:40PM -0500, Steve Toth wrote:
> >>It's not currently supported. Adding DVB-T and analog input
> >>support will be trivial (once the HVR1100 is added). Adding
> >>support for the hardware encoder is a bigger activity. We have
> >>some ideas on this.
> >
> >Isn't the encoder cx23416 ? If it is, wouldn't it make sense to
> >cooperate with ivtv developers for this?
> >
> That's the plan. We've helped Axel and Chris K. all along, I doubt that
> will change.

ivtv is getting shaped for kernel inclusion, in fact that is the
current main development focus (supporting USB2 devices is the
next). All supporting kernel modules have been moved to v4l, and have
already been accepted for 2.6.16.

If there are any design issues that are needed to get fixed to allow
working in hybrid designs please sound the alarms!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net