[linux-dvb] AverTV Hybrid+FM support

On Monday 14 Nov 2005 18:00, Barry Scott wrote:
> I'm interested in getting the AverTV Hybrid+FM working. Like Bill Giannikos
> working on the AverTV 777 I have the card recognised, the mt352 recognised,
> but not working. But we are both stuck on how to setup the mt352.
>
> The 777 seems to be the same A16A-C card with less chips on it then
> the Hybrid+FM, so solving this will hopefully get both working.
>
> Is the only way to snoop on the Windows driver hitting the I2C bus?
> How do you do that? (The pointer to CheapI2C was not enough
> information).

Cheapi2c monitors the i2c hardware lines on the card, so you get a raw dump of
everything going over that bus. You have to work out which lines these are by
yourself. IMO this is the easiest option (assuming you know which lines to
attach to!).

Another option might be http://linuxtv.org/downloads/saa7146dump-0.1.zip
 This is a userspace dumper for the saa7146 PCI chips - it lets you dump the
i2c registers and other stuff from usermode under windows. I'm not sure what
architecture your card is. Perhaps it can be adapted?

The final option is to disassemble the windows drivers.