[linux-dvb] dvb-h demodulator commercially available and supported by linux driver?!

Patrick Boettcher ha scritto:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> Andrea Venturi wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> here in italy, many dvb-h trials are springing all over..
>>
>> i'm wondering if there's already a dvb-h compliant (at least supporting
>> 4k) demodulator available on the market, and with a linux driver ready..
>

> As far as I know, the DVB-H trials in the air are always using 8k or 2k.
> I don't remember why (I just forgot it) but someone told me that there
> is no real need to use 4k.

i believe, it should be the same in italy.. but i like to be
"future-proof" when purchasing new stuff.

> That is correct.
>
> The DiB7000 was at first just used for DVB-H and currently DiBcom is
> also using this demod for DVB-T devices (because power consumption is
> lower with this design and there is also the DiB7700 and DiB7710 which
> is demod and USB/PCI bridge in one chip - devices are really small).

so this kind of DVB-T card are not actually supported by the linux driver?

anyway, are there DVB-T devices ALREADY on the market using DiB7000, in
the enanced 4K version, or they are just the old 2k-8k only version?

> The DVB-H testsignal in Berlin was/is transmitted with 8K and I was
> successfully using DVB-T device to receive the DVB-H signal.

do you have a dump of a complete TS of such a "DVB-H like" transmission?

or, maybe, someone else living in berlin (or where there are trials
ongoing, in finland..) can dump a sample TS (for example 2-3 minutes)

if yes, could you put it on some website and tell me?

i'd like to give a quick glance to the encapsulation and the h264 encoding..

> DVB-H is a bit more than DVB-T + 4k-mode:
>
> The main differences/additions (from memory):
>
> - every data transmitted with DVB-H is encapsulated in IPv6 MPE sections
> - a sophisticated RS FEC is used for error correction of the MPE-sections
> - 4k-mode

yes, i read somewhere, and there's the sychronization stuff etc.., but i
was oversimplyfing just to give an idea

anyway, thank you for you fast reply and informations

andrea