[linux-dvb] questions about STV0229_LOCKOUTPUT

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Thursday 10 Nov 2005 13:00, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> > > Neither do I.
> >
> > I had a quick look over that code. Basically it transmits a 9 bit command
> > byte using 13v/18v levels to represent 0/1. I didn't see any reason why it
> > wouldn't be possible to move the signalling algorithm itself into the
> > dvb_frontend core code, where it would just call the appropriate frontend
> > set_voltage methods. Of course, timing is very important using such a
> > simple method - so we'll have to see.
> >
> > If I have a go at developing that, would someone with suitable dish
> > networks equipment be able to test a couple of patches?
>
> I'm talking absolute rubbish. I didn't spot the generic implementation of the
> dish networks protocol which is already present in dvb_frontend.c, sorry.

When I wrote the first message I didn't spot it either. ;-)

Then I found the generic code and suggested that Jeremy should try

|               case 0x000E: /* Hauppauge/TT Nexus-S rev 2.3 */
|                        /* ALPS BSBE1 */
|                        av7110->fe = stv0299_attach(&alps_bsbe1_config, &av7110->i2c_adap);
|                        if (av7110->fe) {
|                                av7110->fe->ops->set_voltage = lnbp21_set_voltage;
|                                av7110->fe->ops->dishnetwork_send_legacy_command = NULL;
|                        }
|                        break;

which will enable the generic code.
I'll commit it if someone has confirmed that it is working.

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/