[linux-dvb] KNC1 DVB-S unter openSUSE 10.0

On Friday 04 November 2005 13:13, Oliver Endriss wrote:

> ... Maybe the frontend power is not
> turned-on for this card. This is usually done by switching some GPIO
> line. See frontend_init() in budget-av.c.

The other way round would be *HORRIBLE*. I use the card in a server and I know
that on the primary side the power consumption goes up by 6 ... 8 Watts if
the card is installed. In other words: the card costs me 10 Euro for
electricity per year!

I measured this because the KNC-1 caused problems with two of my barebone
systems (Asus/Sis651/P4 120 Watt Power Supply). These machines did not boot
reliably with the KNC-1 card (the boot process did not even start in these
cases).

CAN WE TURN OFF FRONTEND POWER to reduce the power consumption? In my case
unloading the drivers does not reduce the power consumption of the server.

Your J?rgen