[linux-dvb] questions about STV0229_LOCKOUTPUT

Jeremy Hall wrote:
> In the new year, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> > > It's a nexus rev2.3. The only case I see that it is set to 0 (off) is in
> > > the cinergy_1200s_config.
> > >
> > > I don't THINK I have a cinergy_1200s do I?

I don't know what you have. It would have saved some time if you would
have told us in your first message...

> > It isn't Cinergy 1200 specific. This value basically controls how the GPIOs on
> > the stv0299 are wired up to the voltage/tone generation hardware. There are
> > several ways to do it, so its possible several cards share the same method.
>
> I see it's using the bsbe1 config which doesn't set this value (assuming
> it will be 0)

For the nexus 2.3:
- BSBE inittab register 0x08 is set to 0x40, i.e. OP2 = high.
- lnbp21_set_voltage() is used.
- stv0299_set_voltage() is never called.
- lock_output is initialized to zero.

lock_output(OP2) is only used by stv0299_set_voltage() and
stv0299_send_legacy_dish_cmd().

Anyway, stv0299_send_legacy_dish_cmd() will _not_ work for this card,
so the lock_output variable doesn't matter.

Now I see that dish network support is obviously missing.
Please confirm whether this is your problem!

> What guarantee do we have that if unspecified it iwll be 0? the fact that
> it is static?
>
> Some compilers don't give you that.

All static variables are automagically initialized to zero.
Otherwise the compiler is broken!

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/