[linux-dvb] Re: networked digital tuner project

There was a long discussion thread on this topic
several months ago, when I proposed this design for a
networked tuner module.

Since then, I've made alot of progress.  I have a
custom board with 5 tuners (VSB, QAM, and DVB) which
can tune 5 independent RF channels, PID filter the
streams, and send the data out over UDP/IP multicast.
I took into consideration several of the
comments/recommendations made earlier.  The module
presents a simple UDP control interface, and
completely encapsulates all the low-level commands to
access the tuners.

I'm soliciting offers for help, from those with
interest and experience with VHDL FPGA design, and
driver/userspace coding.  My list of TODO items
includes DVB-T, DVB-CI, cable-card, OOB tuning,
DTCP/IP support, upnp, and a USB-2.0 interface
alternative. I'm short on hardware now, but will be
making a few more boards soon.  If you think you could
make a technical contribution to this project, let me
know.

Regards,
Brian

http://mail.yahoo.com