[linux-dvb] Help about dvbstream

toni martinez wrote:

> Hello,
>         I'm doing some tests with dvbstream and I have some problems:
>         1. I use this line to send the input streaming via mcast to
> the network:
> $dvbstream -c 1 -f 794000 -s 27500 -v 101 -a 103 -ps -i 239.0.1.2
> <http://239.0.1.2>

- either remove -ps. the payload format used for streaming in rtp is
only good for TS
- or use -udp -ps -net 239.0.0.1:5000

>          1.1. My video client is vlc, and it can't play the video
> correctly, it seems have a lot of loss packets, but if I save the
> input video in a file and later play it in xine, for example, I can
> saw the video perfectly.

obviously

>          1.2. I dont' know what but dvbstream puts the video in RTP
> packets as H.263 video! (I see it in ethereal, in the server-dvbstream
> and in the client-vlc), why?

wrong payload format for -PS

>          2. And why vlc shows the video with bad quality?
>
> Thanks,

because it's full of crap.
Remember to use a fresh cvs checkout, not an official release

 Sponsor:

 Jamba: Personalizza il tuo cellulare con Sweety!

* La prima suoneria ? GRATIS! Scaricala ORA!

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3602&d=3-11