[linux-dvb] T200 Remote Oddities

On Thursday 27 October 2005 23:24, Jon Burgess wrote:
> Ben Griffiths wrote:
> > On Wednesday 26 October 2005 02:26, Poulter, Nicholas wrote:

> >>evdev /dev/input/event(x) where (x) is your event id of your device.
> >
> > I can't find this program can you give me a pointer.
>
> I think he meant evtest:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/downloads/linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0.tar.bz2
>
> cd linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0/util/av7110_loadkeys
> make evtest
>
> $ sudo ./evtest /dev/input/eventX
> Input driver version is 1.0.0
> Input device ID: bus 0x0 vendor 0x0 product 0x0 version 0x0
> Input device name: "Budget-CI dvb ir receiver saa7146 (0)"
> Supported events:
>    Event type 0 (Reset)
>      Event code 0 (Reset)
>      Event code 1 (Key)
>    Event type 1 (Key)
>      Event code 2 (1)
>      Event code 3 (2)
>
> Then press some remote keys.
>
> 	Jon

Finally found some time to do some testing with this.

I ran evtest and found the remote is not producing any extra key presses, it
functions as you would expect. So I then tried running irw from the lirc
package again and found it to be working as expected, which I couldn't
understand. Then I loaded up mythtv and tried using the remote to navigate
around the menus - with very annoying behaviour, the menus would jump around
unexpectedly as though an extra key on the remote had been pressed. Back to
irw and the output shows extra key presses as I posted previously. It turns
out that when I have mythbackend loaded I get extra key presses generated
through lirc. Thoughout I can run evtest and it shows the remote is working
fine. There is some sort of interaction between mythbackend and lirc causing
the extra key presses. It would be nice to know if this is happening to
anyone else - I have lirc 0.7.2 and mythtv svn revision 7645.

Thanks,
Ben