[linux-dvb] Descrambling suddenly stops

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 03:00:21PM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:

> >Basically, after a certain time (which can range from two minutes
> >to several hours), descrambling suddenly stops, and the stream I
> >get from /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 contains no sensible audio/video
> >data anymore.
> >
> >Running ca_zap again (with the same parameters as the initial
> >run) makes the stream work again.
>
> Your descrambling will stop when the CA_PMT changes. We will need to
> create a thread in ca_zap, which keeps sending CA_PMT messages to the CA
> module, maybe something in the order of say 5 minutes.

Thank you very much for this answer, which certainly is correct.

However, I've now had it happen twice in a relatively short row,
and both times both the "PMT Data" as well as the "CA MESSAGE" as
output by ca_zap have been identical "before" and "after" the
stopping. So maybe there's something else that makes the
descrambling stop.

Does anyone see a similar behaviour?

--
Andreas Trottmann