[linux-dvb] Compro DVB-T200 - saa7134-dvb not loading

James Sheridan wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using Debian 'unstable', with the stock 2.6.12.1 kernel supplied with.
>
> I'm having a lot of trouble getting this card initialised and working.
> I've followed the instructions given on the v4l wiki, which say to
> download the latest v4l_kernel and dvb_kernel sources from CVS, and to
> compile new modules from them (running the scripts/merge-trees.sh
> script, editing Make.config to build VIDEO_SAA7134_DVB as a module, etc)
> - which seemed to work fine.

This is quite a distortion of the directions within the HOWTO.  Please see:

http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_CVS

#1, The command "scripts/merge-trees.sh" is for the old video4linux cvs
repository. [deprecated] The howto states that the proper command for
v4l-kernel is "make merge-trees", although the old method still works
for now, the behavior / functionality could change at any time.  The old
tree-merging scripts had to make quite a significant patch to the
Makefile, in order to get the job done.  Keeping those scripts around
requires too much maintainance on my part, so I've moved most of the
functionality into the Makefile, reducing the size of the patch required
in order to correctly merge the cvs trees.  I will eventually nix the
scripts alltogether.  This will be transparent to users merging with the
proper commands. Please use "make merge-trees" to avoid any surprises.

Here is the proper order of commands:

    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/video4linux login
    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/video4linux co v4l-kernel

    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/linuxtv login
    cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/linuxtv co -P
dvb-kernel

    cd v4l-kernel

    make merge-trees

    make

    make install

#2, You shouldn't have to alter any files... What's this your saying you
did to Make.config?  After the tree-merge, build for all of the hybrid
v4l/dvb modules is already enabled.

#3, About your error:

> DVB: registering new adapter (saa7130[0]).
> DVB: registering frontend 0 (Philips TDA10046H DVB-T)...
> saa7130[0]: dvb_dmx_init failed (errno = -12)

A bunch of people have been reporting this lately... Does anybody know why?

--
Michael Krufky