[linux-dvb] Fusion HDTV5 / Airstar HD5000 features, support?

 >Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:24:28 -0400
 >From: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 >
 >Matto Marjanovic wrote:
 >>  here, the answers could find their way into the ATSC_cards page in the
 >>  linuxtv wiki?  Can anyone add stuff to the wiki?  If so, I'd be happy
 >>  to do it.)
 >
 >Anybody can add to the wiki... Please, feel free.  I enjoy writing code
 >better than documentation. (dont we all) .... SO, go for it!

Ok, I'll give it a shot!  Having read more of it in the last couple of
 days, I've gotta say, it's a pretty impressive compendium of DTV info.

 >>  o [A non-linux related question, for the heck of it:]
 >>    I believe the RF frontend on all these cards is the same; do these
 >>     three cards work equally well in pulling in an HDTV signal, in
 >>     multipath rejection, etc?  (How about analog broadcast signals?)
 >
 >The following does NOT answer your question, but:

(Nope --- in my head I was thinking along the lines of, say, differences
 in board layout affecting RF performance --- but now that I think about
 it, they all have an F-connector coming out of the same tin box, so there
 should be any difference at all on that end.)

 >If this question applies to linux, then I would say:
 >
 >cx88 driver is less mature than bttv, and bttv deals with analog
 >television broadcasts *much* better than the cx88 driver.

If the cx88 driver were to catch up, any prognosis on whether the cx2388x
 chips would somehow fare better than the bt878A?  (It seems like DTV
 functionality was hacked onto the bt878A, whereas the cx2388x series
 were redesigned with interfaces dedicated to DTV --- but it's not clear
 if or how this makes an impact on *today's* boards/applications.)

 >Hope this helps,

Yes, thank you!

-matt m.