[linux-dvb] general hints at debugging w/regard to support for new saa7134 variants

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Scott MacKenzie wrote:

> I'm a new list subscriber and am interested in developing support for two Avermedia
> DVB-T PCI cards, namely the "A16A" hybrid digital/analog/fm and secondly the "A777" dvb.
>
> Is anyone working on either of these (I'm more interested in the A16A at this point)?

I asked this recently, to no real response:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-September/005062.html

> Or can anyone provide a few itemised steps to deciphering the required customisation for
> saa7134 cards?

Looking at the diff for a random card it doesn't seem that hard:
http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/video4linux/saa7134-cards.c?root=v4l&r1=1.88&r2=1.89
but of course it all depends on the specifics of the card.

James Andrewartha