[linux-dvb] Anfrage zur Dual DVB-T Karte WinTV-NOVA-T-500

<snip>

> What does all this mean with USB / PCI? Did they use DVB hardware for
> USB put it on a PCI card together with an USB host that is connected
> to the PCI interface, or what?
> Isn't that a crappy design? Or has it advantages/disadvantages?

Ask DibCom whether the reference is available right now, for immediate
delivery with full driver support. Also ask them whether they are ready
to ship in volume.

Now that Peter has chosen to announce the product, I can probably tell
you a little more about it. We specifically chose the design for two
reasons. 1) The 3000 demod is very sensitive and worked very well on our
previous Nova-T-USB2 design. 2) Building a design with a PCI Bridge /
USB controller give us the performance we need and a great price point.

The product is running very well in the lab. It's a nice clean design,
looks good. I think the market will like it.

Regards,

Steve