[linux-dvb] Cinergy DVB-S 1200 weird behavior

Erm, I hope this wasn't already discussed here, otherwise please forgive me
for writing this the second time. Well, I tried this card (Terratec Cinergy
1200 dvb-s) with two different kernels (some 2.6.11 and 2.6.12), and with
both I can barely get it to work. If it works, it does so quite nicely,
well, this is already the first and rarest case. Sometimes dmesg even
outputs that a frontend driver couldn't be found. The case is that the
drivers are loaded as they should, but it won't work. If I then try to use
szap
FE_SET_TONE failed: Connection timed out
FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD failed: Connection timed out
FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST failed: Connection timed out
FE_SET_TONE failed: Connection timed out
is printed right before the status output. The BURST failing is normal, as
far as I recall. It's the random occurrence of one of these cases that's
making this especially strange.
Thanks, Thorsten