[linux-dvb] move headers from drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core to include/media/dvb

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 Michael Krufky wrote:
>

>>Why is it that these headers are located in drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core
>>?  Can we move them into include/linux/dvb ??  If so, I think we should
>>do it now, so that we can make this change in kernel 2.6.15.  If not,
>>please explain why they need to stay where they are.  I am asking
>>this,because representatives from both the ubuntu and fedora kernel
>>teams have approached me on this issue.  They want to be able to include
>>all of these headers with their distributions, but do not want to force
>>all users to have the full kernel sources on-hand.
>>

>These headers are not part of the DVB API, and are considered half-private
>i.e. not for userspace.
>The correct location for them is include/media/dvb/, not
>include/linux/dvb/.

oops... typo

>(For the V4 API stuff we've moved them there.)
>
>There are a few out-of-tree drivers (mostly embedded stuff)
>which will break if we move them; otherwise I am not
>opposed to moving them. Let's see if some out-of-tree driver
>maintainer objects...

Sounds good to me... IMHO, we should be able to move those headers into
include/media/dvb , and those out-of-tree driver maintainers should be
able to adapt to the move, without too much trouble.

Let's put this on the to-do list for pre-2.6.15 ...  We should have it
changed early enough in cvs to allow sufficient warning time for those
out-of-tree drivers to notice and adapt to the move.

Thanks for the quick reply, :-D

--
Michael Krufky