[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 300i working

Rainer Schubert wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005, Michael Krufky wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> I don't know what you're doing wrong, but I am the creator of those
>> scripts and I am one of the maintainers of video4linux cvs and I
>> certify that the scripts are still present in video4linux cvs, and
>> will remain so as long as the video4linux and dvb-kernel development
>> trees exist separately.
>

> Hmm, I that Rainer Tim is referring to.. and I had a working setup for the
> Pinnacle 300i card until I switched to kernel versions beyond 2.6.10 with
> video4linux from bytesex.org... cvssnapshots. The latest working driver
> version for the combination of saa7134 and mt352 for me is 0.2.13 !

video4linux cvs is now hosted on linuxtv.org, although bytesex.org still
hosts some snapshots.

>> From 0.2.14 onwards all I get is "pinnacle_init() called" and lots of
>
> "read_reg errors".
>
>> Please, go back and ensure that you've read the directions in the
>> howto properly.  It states that you must have downloaded both cvs
>> trees to the same directory, cd into video4linux, and run
>> 'scripts/merge-trees.sh' ... The script is in the video4linux/scripts/
>> directory!
>

> For me it's in /usr/src/video4linux/scripts/merge-trees.sh

exactly.

> Michael, you say something about two cvs trees. Where are these, please ?
>
>> If you cannot see such a file, then the problem is a result of
>> something that you're doing incorrectly.

Rainer-

Certain cards supported by video4linux cvs depend on DVB frontend
modules, which are in dvb-kernel cvs.  For this reason, we plan to
eventually merge these development trees.  However, right now, these cvs
trees are separate.  I have created those tree-merging scripts to ease
testing and development for such devices that require code from both
trees.  The are instructions for using the merged trees in the v4l build
environment in our HOWTO, located at:

http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_CVS

The direct answer to your question is:

video4linux cvs: