[linux-dvb] [BUG] FusionHDTV5 Lite

w-thiel@xxxxxxx wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 02:23:44PM -0400, Michael Krufky wrote:

>>I can only zap once.... During these tests, I am using azap and mplayer.
>> I have noticed that after viewing a stream, if I kill azap and try to
>>zap to another channel, mplayer receives no ts data, although azap
>>reports status 1F.  The only way to restore functionality is to remove
>>the module and re-insert it:
>

> I had a similiar problem some time ago with Skystar 2.6B and szap.
> I added a SIGINT wrapper that closes all open filedescriptors, and since
> then, it's mostly working as expected.
> The wrapper is for a userland program.
> Of course, the driver should handle this fine, but it didn't.
> I still think there is some problem somewhere in the driver's code
> somewhere; see the 'lost lock' problem and others, that seem to be
> fixed sometimes, but not _always_.

Thanks for the advice... I've already fixed the problem by ignoring FBUS
& FDSR errors & adding resync... (Thank's to Manu's suggestion) Now it
works very well - even better than it's cx88-based 'Gold' counterpart.

Only bug left is the problem where no TS data comes through after using
the analog tuner, but I think I know how to fix that in bttv-cards.c ...
Mac has given some feedback about this issue as well, and I don't think
it will be too difficult to fix.  It looks like some GPIO gets written
where it shouldn't, and I think all I should need to do is mask it.
Today's not the day though... I have that card all set up in a machine
that will be recording 2 hour's worth of PRISON BREAK on Fox, starting
any minute...

Maybe later on tonight, if I have the energy...

--
Michael Krufky