[linux-dvb] mt352 readreg error avermedia 771

Paul Wheeler wrote:

> Its an asus p4p800s-x (as above ;-) )  Its an intel 848 chipset.
>
> Have tried both compiled in and modules.
>
> What i2c settings do you have?
>
> Cheers
> Paul
>
> On 9/12/05, *Matt* <fwmatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:fwmatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Paul Wheeler wrote:
>
>     > I have searched the list and the net to try and find a solution to
>     > this but so far unsuccessfull. The problem is that the dvb
>     frontend is
>     > not found. I have tried on a different motherboard and still same
>     > problem however a different computer it works fine.
>     >
>     > I get the following in dmesg
>     >
>     > mt352_read_register: readreg error (reg=127, ret==-5)
>     > dvb-bt8xx: A frontend driver was not found for device 109e/0878
>     > subsystem 1461/0771
>     >
>     >  In both machines I am using Gentoo-2.6.13-r1 kernel.
>     >
>     > The motherboards that it fails on are:
>     >
>     > asus p4p800s-x and an aopen intel 865 board
>     >
>     > it works fine in my shuttle sn41g2.
>     >
>     > I have tried all possible hardware fixes.
>     >
>     > The card is recognized to begin with on the motherboard(asus) but
>     > after a reboot stops and hasnt worked since!!
>     >
>     > I have noticed others who have had this problem before but no
>     solution
>     > is posted. Could people possible post what motherboard they have if
>     > the card works or how they solved this problem if they had it
>     before.
>     >
>     > Cheers
>     >
>     > Paul
>     >
>     >------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     >
>     >
>     >linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>     >
>     I have a the very same card and also an asus motherboard but I
>     have not
>     had any problems with it. What asus is it? I am running it with
>     2.6.13-gentoo, are you using modules or statically compiling them into
>     the kernel? (Shouldn't make any difference but I am just nosy :p)
>
>     Matt

Sorry, half asleep here.

from my .config:
#
# I2C support
#
CONFIG_I2C=y
CONFIG_I2C_CHARDEV=y

#
# I2C Algorithms
#
CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT=y
CONFIG_I2C_ALGOPCF=y
CONFIG_I2C_ALGOPCA=y

#
# I2C Hardware Bus support
#
# CONFIG_I2C_ALI1535 is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_ALI1563 is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_ALI15X3 is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_AMD756 is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_AMD8111 is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_ELEKTOR is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_I801 is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_I810 is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_PIIX4 is not set
CONFIG_I2C_ISA=y
# CONFIG_I2C_NFORCE2 is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_PARPORT is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_PARPORT_LIGHT is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_PROSAVAGE is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_SAVAGE4 is not set
# CONFIG_SCx200_ACB is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_SIS5595 is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_SIS630 is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_SIS96X is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_STUB is not set
CONFIG_I2C_VIA=y
CONFIG_I2C_VIAPRO=y
# CONFIG_I2C_VOODOO3 is not set
CONFIG_I2C_PCA_ISA=y
CONFIG_I2C_SENSOR=y
<snip>
CONFIG_HWMON=y
CONFIG_SENSORS_IT87=y

Everything is static except for the nvidia binary, the only option in my
kernel command line is pci=routeirq to cater for my slightly foobar
sound card, my asus is a VIA 400KT(sp?) chipset for the A7V8X-X, not
much help I guess,

Matt