[linux-dvb] Re: [BUG] FusionHDTV5 Lite

Michael Krufky wrote:

> I can only zap once.... During these tests, I am using azap and
> mplayer.  I have noticed that after viewing a stream, if I kill azap
> and try to zap to another channel, mplayer receives no ts data,
> although azap reports status 1F.  The only way to restore
> functionality is to remove the module and re-insert it:
>
> modprobe -r dvb-bt8xx
> modprobe dvb-bt8xx
>
> After doing this, it works again.  This is also needed if I want to
> view ATSC stream after watching analog tv.  So, obviously there is a
> bug that I have to fix.
>
> In attempting to fix this, I have tried resetting the frontend, by
> calling lgdt330x_reset in tdvs_tua6034_pll_set, before
> dvb_pll_configure, but that only made matters worse.
>
> ...or maybe it's a problem with gpio again, which is why my original
> patch didnt work in the first place.  The behavior is pretty much the
> same.  With my original patch, I was able to lock, but got no ts data.
> With current cvs, I can lock, and get ts data.  (beautiful HDTV and
> DTV streams)  But If I stop azap and start it again, then I get no ts
> data again, just like with my original patch.
>
> But this error log makes me think otherwise:
>
>> bt878(0): irq FDSR risc_pc=2c4bd008
>> bt878(0): irq FDSR risc_pc=2c4bd008
>> bt878(0): irq SCERR risc_pc=2c4bd000
>> bt878(0): irq FDSR risc_pc=2c4bd008
>> [...]
>> bt878(0): irq FDSR risc_pc=2c4bd008
>> bt878(0): irq FDSR risc_pc=2c4bd008
>> bt878(0): IRQ lockup, cleared int mask

Looks like you had too many a IRQ's due to FDSR errors, why don't you
try ignoring the FBUS errors

ie,

card->irq_error_ignore = BT878_AFBUS | BT878_AFDSR | BT878_APABORT |
BT878_ARIPERR | BT878_APPERR;

you could try the same thing or whichever combination, but the basic
idea is to reduce too many interrupts, since lockup
you might like to try to add resync also,

ie,

card->op_sync_orin = BT878_RISC_SYNC_MASK;

either both of them or a combination of them and see whether it still
occurs.
in the relevant section in dvb-bt8xx, similar to others. That will help
you atleast to reduce the number or IRQ's

>> lgdt330x: i2c_write_demod_bytes error (addr 4c <- 14, err = -121)
>
>> bt878(0): irq SCERR risc_pc=2c4bd000
>> bt878(0): irq FDSR risc_pc=2c4bd008
>> lgdt330x: i2c_read_demod_bytes: addr 0x0e select 0x1a error (ret ==
>> -121)
>> lgdt330x: i2c_read_demod_bytes: addr 0x0e select 0x8b error (ret ==
>> -121)
>> lgdt330x: i2c_write_demod_bytes error (addr 02 <- 00, err = -121)

Does your driver uses i2c bitbanging or hardware ?

Manu