[linux-dvb] Tuning failed with Twinhan VisionPlus/MagicBox1 USB-Version (dvb-t)

Hi,

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Manu Abraham wrote:
> Martin,
>
> I am not the author of the usb version of the driver. In fact Ralph Metzler
> and Patrick Boetcher had put in efforts in that direction.
> I think probably the device is having timeouts. but that is too wild a guess,
> but my guess was based upon the dst core, which exists in either case.

Manu, the MagicBox1 and the MagicBox2/Alpha from Twinhan are not equipped
with the DST-core. The only USB device using the DST I know of is the
v7021 (DVB-S) aka StarBox. The MagicBox1 is a clone of the first
USB1.1-device developped by DiBcom. The MagicBox2/Alpha is a complete
different designed (I think, but I'm not sure, that Twinhan designed it,
too).

Martin, the MagicBox1 has very poor reception quality. Please make sure
that you have a good signal with your antenna position. Can you please run
femon while trying to scan? Does syslog says something weird about the
device? Can you check reception with another DVB-T card/box?

I recently had the chance to test the very first dibusb DVB-T USB device
(vp7041, grey box) with recent drivers and it was working surprisingly
well.

regards,
Patrick.

--