[linux-dvb] Questions about Firmware

Johannes Stezenbach writes:
 > Christian Gmeiner wrote:
 > > I hope somebody can give me some answers to my questions.
 > > I want to disassemble the microcode/firmware of the dxr3 board from
 > > sigma designs. Now i need to guess what kind of asm commands it support.
 > > As for the DVB's there is also a firmware i wanteded to know if this
 > > firmware
 > > is an ARM or MIPS.
 >
 > The av7110 firmware is for ARM (never saw "ARM crashed" in dmesg?).
 > I don't know about dxr3 but I *guess* the EM8xxx all have MIPS cores.

AFAIK, the older Sigma chips only had some (proprietary?) DSP core for
MPEG decoding. The newer ones, which are for standalone STBs, have an
ARM core for control (user interface, etc.) and a DSP for decoding.

So, for the DXR3 boards you will either have to find out if the DSP
they use is a known one or figure out the command set from scratch ...

Ralph