[linux-dvb] Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-T with sudden FE lock loss

Hi, Markus

Markus Obermeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've purchased a Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-T and I am running a HTPC
> system from AOpen.
>
> When I was starting to integrate the card I wondered about small
> glitches. However, after getting more and more familiar with the
> entire DVB-T stuff, I found out that the frontend has locked the
> a channel here in Munich like ARD/ZDF/ProSieben/... for while with
> almost very low BER.
>
> But suddenly I got the message (e.g. from tzap) that the frontend lost
> the lock. The probability for such FE LOCK losses is getting higher
> and higher when I am using my  system (to me it looks like
> temperature dependency).
>
> I've also read the thread with the improvement on the frontend
> algorithms you suggested. Is there any progress on this issue? I
> would love to help you testing such kind of algorithms in my
> environment.

I also have such a card. I haven't observed this yet but i am still
convinced that the channel decoder driver isn't perfect yet. Since
the chip is integrated in the tuner can, i can easily imagine
that there might be a temperature issue. It would be perfect if you
could confirm this somehow.
It is possible to run the channel decoder at a lower clock frequency.
I might modify the driver for 48MHz instead of the current 55MHz and
send you a test version. But this will take some time.
Interested?

Best regards
    Hartmut