[linux-dvb] About HDTV cards!!!

Mac Michaels wrote:

>For the USA and Korea I like the DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Gold
>card myself. I am biased since I wrote the driver. It
>should be coming out with the 2.6.13 Linux kernel.

Correction:  lgdt330x (with support for both DT3302 & DT3303) will be
included in 2.6.13, but DVB support for FusionHDTV5 Gold will require an
update of the video4linux code from cvs.  2.6.13 has FusionHDTV5 Gold
analog support only, however, FusionHDTV3 Gold is fully supported in
this release.

So, to make it simple... the easiest way to install support for
FusionHDTV5 Gold is:

Kernel 2.6.13 + video4linux cvs.

Also, any newer boards (that are NOT based on cx88 chip) that require
the lgdt330x driver will need to use the newest version of that driver
found within dvb-kernel cvs.  Patrick's check-callback patch is required
for drivers that do not define certain callbacks, and the patch is
currently in -mm ... it is slated to be included in 2.6.14

-MiKE Krufky