[linux-dvb] dvb_net ( SkyStar2 ) trouble

Daniel,

this was an old "cosmetic" bug in dvb_net.c that was fixed in
the code with my suggestion, as I too was seeing similar
messages in the kernel log, due to the wrong activation of a
debugging flag even if it was not selected during module

The relevant messages in this list are in this thread:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.dvb/11364

If you want to keep your current kernel and drivers, I suggest
you follow what I did in the dvb_net.c file, in order to allow
the debug flag to be correctly invoked at module loading.
Alternatively, you could switch to a newer kernel where the DVB
drivers already include this patch.

Bye, Luca

--- Daniel Szlaski <danielox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all . I've got some trouble witch my SS2 .
> I've got Technisat card Sky Star 2 and Linux Mandrake 10.0
> Official (2.6.3-7 mdk )
> I use this dvb card to recieve data from satelite ( i've got
> internet
> connection through proxy - tqrecv , uplink going through modem
> gprs
> USB , downlink is by Skystar2 ) , so i don't watch tv using
> this card either .
> All works ( proof that i wrote this message ) , but in logs i
> 've got full of trash like :
> #dmesg
> dvb_net_feed_start: start filtering
> dvb_net_feed_stop