[linux-dvb] getting started with dvb-s

hey guys,

I got my card up and running in linux.  Now, I'm trying to write an app
that will do some computer vision on incoming signals.

can someone point me to some easy source code, or direct me through the
steps for getting the mpeg stream and then decoding it into audio, video,
and teletext?  are there any libraries available, or usable C++ objects?

any help or hints would be much appreciated.

thanks -august.