[linux-dvb] dvb-ttpci + budget(-ci) segfault while insmod.

Timo Eckert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a gentoo-system with the kernel 2.6.12-gentoo-r6 running.
> I checked out the dvb-kernel from the cvs and patched the kernel with
> makelinks.
>
> I have a WinTV-Nova-S.
>
> First I was wondering why i have to use the budget-ci and not
> the budget-module because my card has no ci-interface.
>
> My problem is, that every time I 'insmod' the module, i got a segfault from insmod
> and a kernel-oops. I hope somebody can help me with my problem, and get my card working.
> Thanks!

I don't know the answers to all of your questions, but I do know this
(most importantly):

dvb-kernel cvs isn't backwards compatible with linux versions prior to
2.6.13 development versions.  Try using the snapshot located here:

http://linuxtv.org/download/patches/2.6.12/DVB-2.6.12.patch.gz

If you are still having problems after this, let us know.

--
Michael Krufky