[linux-dvb] LG Innotek TDVS-H062F / TDVS-H061F

Mac Michaels wrote:

>>>NTSC IF Demodulator needs some help. I did some bad things
>>>to make this work. I grabbed the i2c-adapter from the
>>>TUA6034 and used a different i2c message address to twiddle
>>>the bits of the NTSC IF Demodulator. It is a hack that
>>>works but...
>>>
>>maybe this works, but it is not the right way...
>>
>>>NTSC IF Demodulator gets programmed differently from the
>>>TUA6034 tuner. It is on a different i2c address. It uses
>>>pairs of bytes in an address, value combination to set the
>>>program. It must be in one state for digital TV and another
>>>state for analog TV. It does not change when channel
>>>frequencies are changed. Should I create a new device for
>>>the NTSC IF Demodulator?
>>>
>Sorry, I still don't get that point.
>
>Why Mac has to re-invent the wheel?
>
>The programming for the analog part seems to be _per bit_ identical to
>the tda9887 stuff.
>
>What are the limits ?

Hermann-

Are you saying that the NTSC IF Demod is a tda9887 ?  I dont know
anything about tda9887, can u tell me what it does?

I have programmed analog portion of a cx88 board AND a bttv board both
using tuner-simple's TDVS-LGH062F tuner.  Both work correctly, no
problems.  Bttv driver reports detected tda9887, cx88 driver does not.
This is all in cvs.

Mauro says that there should be init code for analog mode in
tuner-core.c for this tuner to force analog mode by default, since Mac
says that this must be explicitly set.  THAT is what all the commotion
is about.  What do you think?

tuner #64 - LG TDVS-H062F/TUA6034
bttv card# 135 - DViCO FusionHDTV5 Lite
cx88 card #31 - DViCO FusionHDTV5 Gold

in dvb-kernel cvs, there is a dvb_pll_desc:
dvb_pll_tdvs_tua6034

This has different values from dvb_pll_tua6034... I think it is for ATSC
reasons... Mac, can you elaborate on why dvb_pll_tua6034 was incorrect
for our purpose?

--
Michael Krufky