[linux-dvb] SNR calculation in stv0299 driver

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gill Robles-Thome wrote:
>
>>Can anyone explain the algorithm used to calculate the SNR for the
>>stv0299 driver? Ie

> Me, I don't understand it either. The data sheet just says:
> "A simple C/N estimator can be easily implemented by comparing the
> current indications with a primarily-recorded look-up table", but
> doesn't give more information about this.
>
> You'll have to ask the original author of the driver, Peter Schildmann.

For what it's worth, the data sheet for the BSRU6 tuner, which uses the
stv0299 says the following:

C/N[dB] = -0.0017 * NIR +19.02

where NIR is made up of NIRH - (register 24) MSB of noise indicator and
NIRL - (register 25) LSB of noise register.

Regards,

Richard

Sorry Johannes, for the dirct reply - it was meant for the list.