[linux-dvb] bt878(0): IRQ lockup, cleared int mask

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 17:47, Ilkka Pirskanen wrote:

> I have now installed Linux 2.6.13-rc4 kernel and dvb-bt8xx.c modified by
> David on my computer. I have some general problems with the new kernel
> (there is no sound and it doesn't recognize my USB wheel mouse), but DVB
> front-end seems to be working OK. This is the "dmesg" of modprobe
> dvb-bt8xx.
>
> bt878: AUDIO driver version 0.0.0 loaded
> bt878: Bt878 AUDIO function found (0).
> ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:03:0d.1[A] -> GSI 21 (level, low) -> IRQ 193
> bt878(0): Bt878 (rev 17) at 03:0d.1, irq: 193, latency: 64, memory:
> 0xf7eff000
> DVB: registering new adapter (bttv0).
> DVB: registering frontend 0 (Zarlink MT352 DVB-T)...
>
> I have ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard. The only hard disk I have is
> connected to a S-ATA connection supported by South Bridge (Intel ICH5R). In
> addition, there is an integrated Promise PDC20378 controller which I don't
> use. These are the BIOS settings:
>
> Onboard IDE Operate Mode: Enhanced Mode
>   Enhanced Mode Support on: S-ATA
>     Configure S-ATA as RAID: No
>
> I watched the TV for about ten minutes and made little file copying on the
> background. How fast should the problem appear, and are the problems
> written on "dmesg"? I have no messages there.

The errors normally appear in dmesg as soon as there is any disk activity
while the card is active - it seems you don't have this problem.
That's annoying; I was rather hoping it was going to be triggered by every
SATA driver, as this would no doubt have made it easier for the devs to track
down the problem...

So far the issue has been reported on systems with sata_nv and sata_sil. I
don't suppose anyone else has either of those SATA chipsets and a bt878-based
card? It would be helpful to know if the problem is always triggered by this
combination, or whether there is something else going on.

Thanks,
David.