[linux-dvb] Siemens DVB-C / TT 2300C / Nexus-CA, fixing analog parts, msp3400.c

thomas schorpp wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
>
>>thomas schorpp wrote:
>>

> the msp gets initialised. ill solve the interface problem to
> msp_command() by using the list of clients member of i2c_adapter struct.

> tom
>

> ok, gerds driver detects mono, too.

hello,

ive had a nice talk with tim kaiser who announced that around feb 2005
and take back the WONTFIX regarding the msp chips.

indeed therere many series with different control registers around and
therefore gerd knorrs driver should have to be extended.

tim stated problems with the saa7114 but he could handle the
"electronics" part of research for getting the msp's working with all
features instead *if he gets the time* and i have every time to extend
gerds driver then with the results and maybe use saa7114.c for both
cards *IF* someone gets me access to TT2300C hardware, feel free to drop
me a mail then.

nexus-ca / tt2300c users in the karlsruhe region, where are you ?
do you like cable providers' controlled dbox without digital tv
recording or expensive dv-recorders maybe not able to write on the next
version dvds and sat1, etc, on analog tv?

ive asked the ebay shops for a free sample but they denied ( ill surely
want to work this out for the community but i wont pay on extra for hw i
dont really need cause im satisfied connecting my *much better a/v
quality* vhs vcr tuner ) and hauppauge seems not to have interest in
linux drivers ( according to their statement "analog recording is not
possible with this card" on their web presentation of nexus-ca ) and
technotrend does not even present the 2300c on the product website...

so i wait for more interest.

tom