[linux-dvb] Re: Fusion HDTV 5 Gold

Mac Michaels wrote:

>On Wednesday 27 July 2005 08:03 pm, Michael Krufky wrote:
>

>>>For those interested, I added analog support for this
>>>board, while Mac is working on adding LGDT3303 support
>>>to LGDT330X frontend module... The tuner is LG
>>>TDVS-H062F & TUA6034 pll
>>>

>>In addition, I get status 0x00 when i disconnect
>>the antennae.  (without your experimental patch, It might
>>report a lock even without the antenae attached)
>>

>This is progress. Are you using the same antenna in the same
>location as you did when the FusionHDTV 3 card worked?

Yes, exactly the same... The only difference is that now I know what
channels to try using azap because I already have channel tables from
the other board.

>>QAM is getting locks 0x1F with or without the patch...
>>Nothing is helping the TS.  Something in the patch helped
>>VSB a little, but I don't know how or why.
>>

>I still don't have the TS interface set up correctly. I'll
>have to keep digging into it.
>
>The experimental patch I sent Michael programs yet another
>widget inside the metal box called "NTSC IF Demodulator".
>It has its own i2c address. It is separate from the tuner
>pll. It is programmed with different values for analog or
>digital in the Windows driver. Like the TUA6034 is must be
>set by both the analog tuner code and the digital PLL code.
>I'll work out the details and provide a real patch that
>doesn't break analog tomorrow. I think it has a good chance
>of fixing Alan's problem too.

Only way of it fixing Alan's problem is if your patch touches analog
tuner code... As I stated in a previous email, dvb is disabled on Alan's
installation... (see cx88-cards.c, in current cvs, line 780) He is not
running cx88-dvb, and even if he is, the code for fusionhdtv5 is disabled.

--
Michael Krufky