[linux-dvb] DViCO FusionHDTV DVB (ATSC/QAM) and MythTV

Todd Ignasiak wrote:

> Some people were having trouble getting the FusionHDTV3 QAM cards
> working with MythTV.  So, here is a short summary of how I got MythTV
> working with my FusionHDTV3 card.     This process should be similar
> for other DVB cards.      I am able to receive both Over-The-Air
> broadcasts (ATSC broadcasts using 8VSB) and clear channels on my
> Comcast cable system using QAM256.

> Input Connections:
>   Select Video source defined above.
>   Set "Starting Channel" to a known valid channel you receive.  If
> MythTV starts up and cannot tune a channel, it doesn't react well.
>
> Scan for Channels.
>   First, select an ATSC scan, to scan for OTA/8VSB channels (even if
> you're using QAM / Cable --- (Is this still necessary?))

This bug has been fixed.  Also, newer version of this driver has been
renamed from lgdt3302 --> lgdt330x ... This new version is in cvs and
will be included in the next -mm kernel.  This new version contains code
that will allow you to leave both ANT and cable connectors attached to
your tuner.  The driver will select the RF input based on the
demodulation selected.

If you want to test out the new version of the driver without waiting
for the new kernel, follow instructions for using the merge scripts
located at:
http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_CVS

> Then, do a QAM scan, which should result in more channels found.  If
> your cable company is broadcasting the PSIP channel data, the
> channels should be automatically detected.  For channels without PSIP
> data, you will need to manually edit the channel data (in the mysql
> database) to enable those channels.

How can we tell mythtv whether to scan using VSB or QAM ??? Is this one
of the newer features found in the new subversion release of mythtv?  I
cannot find a method for this in my gentoo version of mythtv.

Thank you for this HOW-TO.  :-)

--
Michael Krufky